A partial hospitalization program (PHP) offers a high level of care for behavioral health issues. It is more intensive than outpatient rehab but allows for more freedom than inpatient rehab. PHPs have helped many people struggling with addiction to find long-term recovery. Partial hospitalization programs may stand alone or be part of a continuum of care at a residential addiction treatment center like Texas Recovery Center.
Our partial hospitalization program in Texas gives people the opportunity to find healing in addiction recovery. Learn more about how Texas Recovery Center’s partial hospitalization program in Texas can give you the tools to overcome addiction by calling 844-230-5931 or completing our online form.
What To Expect in a Partial Hospitalization Program
Partial hospitalization programs are usually staffed by medical professionals or certified addiction counselors. They often provide medical monitoring and a range of evidence-based and experiential therapies. Also called “day programs,” partial hospitalization programs allow individuals to live at home and attend therapy sessions during the day.
These programs may require almost as much time in treatment as an inpatient rehab program, though they vary in length. On average, someone in a PHP spends four to six hours per day in treatment three to five days per week. This time commitment allows the individual to address underlying issues that contribute to addiction, as well as how substance use affects their life and health.
Treatment Options in Our PHP in Texas
A partial hospitalization program at Texas Recovery Center includes many options for treatment, such as:
- Behavioral therapy – Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) help recovering individuals change their thought patterns to produce healthier behaviors. Directed by a therapist, CBT and DBT also teach coping skills, emotion regulation, and self-acceptance.
- Counseling – Counseling addresses the causes of substance use and encourages people to set recovery goals. It also fosters a relationship between the individual and their alcohol and drug counselor, who can offer personal guidance. Counseling may take place one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Recovery support groups – Groups like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Refuge Recovery bring people together to discuss how addiction has affected them. This allows individuals to share perspectives, give advice, and encourage others in recovery.
- Addiction education – Education on the effects of substance use and how addiction changes the brain helps people understand addiction as a disease and how they can heal.
- Art therapy – Art allows individuals to explore creativity and express their emotions in a way that may be easier than talking. It offers an outlet for frustration or a distraction from stress that may otherwise lead to substance use.
- Wellness programs – A wellness program includes relaxation, exercise, and nutrition. These are vital aspects of recovery that promote physical healing and mental wellbeing. Yoga, hiking, and sports may be part of a PHP wellness program.
Our Texas Recovery Center partial hospitalization program in Texas is tailored to the individual, blending the most effective therapies for their situation. For example, a person who has experienced trauma could benefit from trauma therapy, while another person may not need this aspect of care. One of our highly-qualified therapists may determine how long someone should remain in a partial hospitalization treatment in Texas based on their unique needs and progress in recovery.
Begin Your Recovery in a Partial Hospitalization Program at Texas Recovery Center
At Texas Recovery Center, our PHP in Texas is an excellent method for people to heal from addiction. Our comprehensive approach to recovery means that our partial hospitalization program in Texas prepares people for genuine, long-lasting recovery. For more information on the partial hospitalization program at Texas Recovery Center, please speak with one of our treatment specialists today by calling 844-230-5931 or filling out our online form.