Addiction, alcohol, and drug use can become an overwhelming force in a person’s life. It can impact mood, behavior, and harm close relationships with friends and loved ones. Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is one treatment that can be useful for digging into how a person’s thoughts and emotions impact their behaviors, such as those related to a person’s drug or alcohol use. Understanding this connection can help patients stay on the right track and teach valuable life skills patients can use in their personal, work, and social lives.
For dialectical behavior therapy in Texas, rely on Texas Recovery Center. We provide dialectical behavior therapy treatment in Texas for people ready to heal from the mental and emotional impact of addiction. If you or someone you care about might benefit from dialectical behavior therapy or addiction treatment therapy in Texas, reach out to Texas Recovery Center today by calling 844-230-5931 or filling out our online form.
What Is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
The framework of DBT contains five essential functions, which are:
- Motivation – Increasing a patient’s motivation for engaging in treatment and staying in recovery outside of a structured rehab setting is a key component of DBT.
- Enhancing capabilities – DBT services help patients recognize how their skills and capabilities can help foster a balanced and mindful future without addiction.
- Skill-building – Finding helpful coping strategies to manage triggers can be integral to positive change and outcomes. Teaching life skills grounded in mindfulness practice and acceptance is also useful.
- Structured environment – In DBT, creating an environment that best facilitates mental and emotional healing in a patient recovering from substance use is crucial. This can be achieved through building a collaborative relationship between patient and therapist. In addition to removing harmful influences that could impede a person’s recovery.
- Enhancing therapist capabilities – Therapists who practice DBT actively work to stay up-to-date on DBT techniques and continue strengthening their abilities as a therapist to support and promote positive change in patients effectively.
Benefits of Dialectical Behavior Therapy
DBT offers a focused approach for helping people with a history of substance use stay sober and manage triggering situations in their recovery. Several benefits of DBT for overcoming addiction include:
Our DBT Program in Texas at Texas Recovery Center
At Texas Recovery Center, we offer our DBT program as part of our evidence-based treatment approach. Our DBT program meets each person’s unique needs in treatment. It can be an essential step in helping them develop a toolbox of skills for managing difficult emotions, triggers, and thoughts related to their addiction. Our program sets us apart by:
If you or someone close to you is dealing with addiction, we encourage you to reach out to us today to learn more about our DBT program. We’re here to help you through every step of your recovery journey.
Reclaim Your Life with Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Call now to talk with a treatment specialist about your recovery options. As treatment progresses, DBT targets several behaviors that improve a person’s chance of recovery:
The main goal of DBT is to help a person develop a clear mind. In this state, a person remains focused on their recovery goals while also being aware of potential threats to sobriety. With a clear mind, being mindful helps a person avoid relapse triggers and cope with them should they arise.
Reach Out to Texas Recovery Center for Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Our range of therapeutic approaches, including our dialectical behavior therapy in Texas, gives people the exact level of care they need to succeed in recovery. Please discover more about our programs and services by contacting Texas Recovery Center. Call us today at 844-230-5931.