Driving under the influence is a crime responsible for thousands of deaths nationwide. After being arrested for driving while intoxicated from alcohol, prescription, or illicit drugs, many people wonder what to do after a DWI. Driving under the influence comes with heavy fines, jail time, and spending time in court-ordered drug and alcohol rehab. In Texas, first offense DUI comes with up to $2,000 in fines, up to 180 days in jail, and no driver’s license for up to one year.
At Texas Recovery Center, we offer drug and alcohol rehab for individuals with a DUI and court-ordered to attend rehab. Patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions to uncover the root cause of their addiction and develop coping skills for managing their symptoms and triggers. For more information about our drug and alcohol rehab, call 844.230.5931 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What to Do After a DWI
Texas has some of the harshest penalties for driving intoxicated, and attending rehab can prevent this from happening again. Repeat offenses can come with up to 10 years in jail, up to $10,000 in fines, and a suspended license for up to two years. Some of the steps you will need to take after a DWI include:
- Call an attorney to represent you in all proceedings
- Attend all court dates to avoid extended jail time
- Complete court-ordered drug and alcohol rehab
- Install and maintain ignition interlock device
- Continue therapy to uncover the reasons behind your addiction and maintain sobriety
At Texas Recovery Center, we help people struggling with addiction through evidence-based treatment programs. When you arrive at our facility, we will answer any questions you have about what to do after a DUI and what to expect from your treatment program.
What to Expect from Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Drug and alcohol rehab offers a safer way to detox from drugs and alcohol than trying to do it alone. Detox minimizes a person’s withdrawals and cravings. After detox, rehab offers patients to learn healthy coping skills for maintaining sobriety. Here is what you can expect from drug and alcohol rehab programs:
- You will participate in private therapy to discuss the addiction and what past events led to it. Certified therapists will teach you healthy coping skills and how to change any negative thinking that triggers the addiction.
- During group therapy in a supervised environment, you will practice coping and communication skills with your peers. Group therapy also helps you see how others are coping with their condition and develop healthy relationships with your peers.
- To minimize withdrawals and cravings, medical staff will administer medications to reduce withdrawals that are common with detoxing. They will monitor your reactions to the medications and adjust the dosage for maximum benefits with minimal side effects.
If you are arrested for driving under the influence and wondering what to do after a DUI, one of the most important steps to prevent this from happening again is to enroll in a drug and alcohol rehab program.
Faced with Court-Ordered Rehab? Reach Out to Texas Recovery Center
Getting arrested for drinking and driving can be a frightening experience. It can leave many people wondering what to do after a DWI. At Texas Recovery Center, our treatment programs are very effective in helping patients reach their recovery goals and maintain their sobriety for life. They learn how to process the thoughts and feelings that trigger their cravings without having to abuse more drugs or alcohol.
Our team of experts will work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your needs and goals. If you or someone you know is facing court-ordered rehab, reach out to Texas Recovery Center today. We can help you get your life back on track and start living the life you deserve. Call us at 844.230.5931 and enroll in our addiction treatment facility today.